Shrink Wrapping Services
Econo-Pak offers a complete selection of shrink-wrapping services for clients in a number of industries. Shrink wrap is a plastic film that workers or automated processes tightly wrap around many types of products, no matter their size or shape. Once the plastic is wrapped, workers apply heat to the wrapped product, which causes the plastic wrap to shrink and conform to the contours of the object.
Shrink wrapping is an ideal packaging solution for products or promotions that require multiple items to be presented together in an appealing, tamper-resistant package. Businesses that need quality, professional packaging at affordable prices often use shrink packaging to get the job done.
Econo-Pak maintains a facility with over 240,000 square feet of floor space to fill shrink-wrapping orders no matter their size. Furthermore, we seek to optimize the speed and efficiency of all our processes, meaning that we can deliver anything from single products to production runs of up to a billion items at your or your customers’ doorstep within reasonable lead times.
Advantages of Shrink PackagingAt Econo-Pak, our shrink wrap services are available for projects of virtually any size. Equipped with more than 200 different packaging machines, we provide customers with access to the industry’s most advanced shrink wrapping machinery. This equipment allows us to offer efficient, high speed shrink wrapping at an excellent value.
Shrink wrapping requires three essential elements: film, a sealer, and a heating element to shrink the film so that it conforms to the shape of the product. Clients begin by choosing the type of plastic they want for their application; this most commonly includes polyolefin, PVC, and polyethylene.
After the type and form of shrink film is chosen, products are sent through a packaging system that wraps and heat seals each item to close the opening ends of the film. Finally, the heating element is applied to create the final, wrapped product.
Shrink wrapping relies on the use of three essential components:
- Heating element
- Increased security: Shrink wrapping increases the security of the package, keeps the contents together, allows visibility of the existing marketing print, and improves the cleanliness of the project on the shelf.
- Improved flexibility: Shrink wrapping can work with uniquely shaped products, and it can accommodate a virtually unlimited range of product sizes.
- High product quality: We use the highest-grade shrink wrapping films that meet or exceed all industry standards (including those that apply to food and beverage products). Our shrink-wrapped film packages are also completely ready for use in retail environments.
- Versatility: We work around the clock in three production shifts to accommodate the tightest deadlines. Our shrink lines can handle extra-long product lengths as well as objects with sensitive electronics or components.
- Affordability: Shrink wrap offers a much more affordable alternative over other materials used for packaging. Effective use of shrink wrap can also minimize space by keeping items bundled closely together without the use of additional bulky materials like boxes.
- FDA compliance: Shrink wrap can be used to package many food and beverage products. Shrink packaging can be built to conform to FDA and third-party regulations and preserve the freshness of its contents.
- Customization potential: Shrink wrap can include colors, words, pictures, and logos that enhance your brand’s appeal. From the production floor to the end user, your product isn’t just wrapped in plastic—it’s wrapped in your brand.
- Food items
- Office supplies
Industry-Leading Shrink Wrap ExpertsTo learn more about our shrink wrapping services or to request a custom quote for your project, contact us directly today.
At Econo-Pak, we’re equipped with more than 200 different packaging machines to allow customers to access the industry’s most advanced shrink wrapping equipment. Our state-of-the-art machinery allows us to offer efficient, high-speed shrink wrapping services at excellent values.
Nearly every major market that uses shrink wrap has done so through us; we’ve worked with clients from a wide range of industries to shrink wrap products that appear in:
- Club stores
- Convenience stores
- Vending machines
- Food service/hospitality environments
- E-commerce brands
- Certified organic
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) Level Three
- Gluten free
Request Your Packaging Quote Today
At Econo-Pak, we offer a comprehensive selection of shrink-wrapping services for projects of virtually any size.
To learn more about our shrink-wrapping services or to request a custom quote for your product, contact us today.
<<< Return to Contract Packaging