Your product’s packaging is one of the first, and therefore most important, impressions you can make on customers. If your packaging isn’t making an impact on shoppers, you can bet that your competitors’ will.
Econo-Pak can help in cases like these. We provide a full range cartoning services that will maximize your brand’s potential and give you an edge in the shopping aisle.
What Is Cartoning?
Cartoning is the process by which manufacturers encase food or non-food items in individual or bundled packages for distribution to consumers. Not only does this process facilitate product transportation and distribution, it also combines the necessary design elements to turn shoppers into buyers.
Econo-Pak brings more than 35 years of experience to the contract packaging field. In this time, we’ve perfected the art of packaging for a wide variety of markets and customers. We’re one of the most trusted companies in the cartoning industry, partnering with small, independent firms as well as Fortune 500 giants to deliver the best possible packaging solutions.
This versatile packaging method provides an efficient means to pack and ship products to distribution centers and retail outlets. Many suppliers take advantage of cartoning for reasons including:
- Ability to work with a broad range of product types
- Customizable package size and design options
- Enhanced product efficiency
- Easy and safe sealing techniques
- Reduced waste
- Reduced labor costs
These benefits make cartoning a great way to distribute your products around the world.
Markets That Use Cartoning
Many industries use cartoning techniques for their distribution and retail practices. Among them are:
- Retail outlets
- Supermarkets and wholesale stores
- Craft breweries
- Beverage bottlers
- Club stores
- Food vendors and services
Manufacturers in these industries consider cartoning a safe, reliable, and efficient way to conveniently ship products without risking their integrity or quality.
Econo-Pak uses of several types of machines to form, fill, and seal our carton packages. Our cartoning machines, or cartoners, come in two basic types:
- Vertical cartoners, which pull carton blanks from a magazine and open it into carton flights vertically
- Horizontal cartoners, also called end-load cartoners, which pull carton blanks from the magazine, open them into a horizontal flight, and fill them either manually or automatically
Econo-Pak’s Experienced Cartoning and Packaging Services
Throughout our 35 years of operation, we’ve built excellent relationships with clients across many industries and markets who depend on our reliable packaging solutions. Our leadership, the Wiebel family, seeks to provide the safest and most efficient packaging available using state-of-the-art equipment that adheres to the latest industry standards.
All our solutions have been certified by the FDA and the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI). We also carry certifications from New Jersey and Pennsylvania’s Boards of Health, the Oxford Union for Kosher Food, Bay State Organics, and the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America.
What Makes Us Unique?
Econo-Pak seeks to be a one-stop shop for all your packaging needs. We get here by doing things that other packaging companies won’t. Our capabilities include:
- Running three shifts daily
- Providing daily production updates to clients
- Achieving quick turnaround times on all quotes
- Offering production capacities ranging from 1 to 1 billion units
- Providing full-service trial runs
- Including more than 200 different packaging machines in our inventory
- Working with dedicated customer care representatives