Contract Labeling Services
Labels are ubiquitous for a reason: there is no more convenient way to add design elements or communicate essential information about your product. Although some labels are purely functional and only convey mandatory information, others act as attention-grabbing marketing pieces.
Econo-Pak specializes in high-quality contract labeling services suitable for any industry or application. Our offerings extend from stock shipping labels to custom design and print jobs, accommodating a full range of promotional and informational uses.
The Importance of Product Labels
Labels play a number of important roles in product design. Because they’re one of the most prominent elements of a product’s packaging, they must capture attention, convey value, and establish trust with a prospective consumer. This can be a tall order, but when done well, labeling provides an extremely effective means of capturing sales and building a receptive base. Well-designed labels confer a number of distinct advantages over labels that are less thought out.
Some key benefits of thoughtful labeling include:
- Better product visibility, especially in crowded markets
- Higher information density, allowing you to save money while establishing trust with thorough descriptions
- Increased brand recognition, through consistent and careful labeling of related products
- Compliance with industry regulations
- Stronger reputation for transparency and corporate responsibility, especially where environmental or social justice issues are concerned
To properly capitalize on these benefits, it’s important to understand the common types of labels and what they accomplish from a marketing perspective. These distinctions should guide not only the appearance of the label but also its physical characteristics. It’s also possible (and common) to combine several of these categories on a single package to maximize impact.
Types of labels include:
- Branded product labels: Branded product labels are a staple of modern marketing. These often represent the largest or most prominent marking on a package, and they visually distinguish the brand and specific product from its competition. One of the main choices that apply to these labels is whether they should be nonremovable, which is more expensive, or removable, which is less durable.
- Descriptive labels: Descriptive labels provide the bulk of a package’s information. Often placed on the back of a package, these stickers convey important facts about a product’s design, usage, and makeup. This area is often used not only to convey mandatory or factual content, but also to inject a brand’s personality into the product.
- Eco-labels: Consumers are increasingly concerned with environmental responsibility and are often willing to pay a premium for products they perceive as more sustainable. Eco-labels communicate that a product was built using environmentally friendly practices, which will drive interest and establish your brand as a steward of the environment.
- Grade labels: Especially common in the food and beverage industry, grade labels differentiate products that fall into established quality standards. Grade labels are mandatory in many instances, but they also serve to promote and distinguish higher-end products.
Labels provide an excellent opportunity for a brand to speak directly to customers about what differentiates its product from the competition. Selecting the proper label types, sizes, and designs for a package maximizes sales potential while cultivating a loyal customer base.
Let Econo-Pak Create Your Eye-Catching Labels
At Econo-Pak, you’ll be impressed by both our extensive range of custom labels and our personalized customer service. Using only state-of-the-art equipment, we’ll work with you one-on-one to create eye-catching labels that suit your goals, budget, and timeline.
For more information about how our experts can enhance your end product, contact us today to request a quote.
<<< Return to Contract Packaging